MyPCBackup Review – Are They GOOD Enough For You If You Can Back Up My PC In Just 3 Steps?
Latest posts by Joe (see all)
- Firefox Send Allow You to Send Large File Securely - March 13, 2019
- Alibaba Cloud Double Their Effort in Indonesia with Second Database Center - January 17, 2019
- pCloud Family Plan Promo Price - December 16, 2018
- Last Updated:
|Plan Reviewed||: Premium|
|Overall||: 1/5 – Not Recommended!|
|Find out more on MyPCBackup! MyPCBackup learn more|
Online Backup & Storage in Just 3 Simple Steps!
As what MyPCBackup claiming, online backup and storage doesn’t need to be complicated. That’s why MyPCBackup introduce these 3 simple steps for your online backup and storage solution.
- Sign Up for your MyPCBackup account.
- Download and install the free application.
- Set it and leave it. MyPCBackup will do the rest for you.
Is it truly that simple?Yes!
When I first download my free trial, there’s even a clear step to step instruction. You simply can’t go wrong with them.
*Did you know that MyPCBackup is a sister company to JustCloud? Both of them are from the same company, Just Develop It. So I’m not going details about the features again since they both are having quite similar features. That’s already been covered in JustCloud Review.
How’s MyPCBackup Going? My Free Trial Encounter
So I have download and install MyPCBackup application on my PC. It just needs my email address and a self created password. That’s all! Nothing else actually.
So, next I open the software for the first time using the email address and password that I enter just a minute ago.
Then you will need to select the type of your backup. There are only two selections. Whether you pick automatic which is recommended or you can make a custom selection for your backup.
The automatic backup only backup “My Document” folder. As for other files (not in “My Document” folder), you will need to use the Drag & Drop tab. Don’t worry as the drag & drop is very easy to use.
This is the final step to my first encounter with MyPCBackup. I did nothing basically. The backup process started after I make my backup selection. That’s really 3 steps in the process. Nothing else more that you can do. Every steps and moves are directed by clear instruction and messages. There’s no way you can get lost or wrong in the process.
How To Use The Drag & Drop
You’ve been told how great and how easy to use the drag & drop function. But you still can’t imagine how it works right?
Don’t worry, I got picture for that. Just open the MyPCBackup application (should be on your desktop). Click the Drag & Drop tab at the top there, then hold & drag any files or folder into the empty space. That’s it. Your files or folders will be backup automatically. Great, isn’t it!
Plan & Pricing For MyPCBackup
As like JustCloud, they offer 3 plans too here for their cloud storage and online backup service.
- Home (from $8.95/mo) – 75GB Basic
- Premium (from$9.95/mo) – 250GB Advance
- Unlimited (from $12.95/mo) – Unlimited
The most popular plan is the Premium plan. They offering discount too during your free trial period. I got a 50% discount offer on my 7th day of trial.
MyPCBackup – I’m Giving It 2 Thumbs Up!
Developed by UK-based technology company Just Develop It!, MyPCBackup is just one of the players in the ultra-competitive personal backup industry, and it has a very straightforward offer: A reliable personal backup solution that even your 80-year old grandma can easily use…and I think MyPCBackup nailed it!
- 100% Automated Backup With Unlimited Storage:MyPCBackup is a set-and-forget backup solution. Just schedule your backups – hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly – and the desktop client will take care of the rest. And to make the deal even sweeter, you get unlimited storage!
- Unlimited File Versioning &5GB File Size Limit:File versioning is a very fine addition to MyPCBackup’s feature-set. It lets you access previous versions of a file, which is very useful if you’ve accidentally overwritten or deleted it. And if most of the files you’re backing up are documents, HD videos, and images, the file size limit of 5GB is more than enough.
- Safe & Secure:MyPCBackup is beefed up with 256-bit AES encryption, which is the same encryption algorithm used by US government agencies to secure sensitive information. This keeps your data safe whether it’s being transmitted through the wire or at rest at their data centers.
- File Syncing& Mobile Access:MyPCBackup lets you easily sync your files across multiple devices by uploading them to the cloud. For someone like me who uses a desktop, a laptop, a tablet, and a smartphone, this feature is a must-have. And with mobile access, you can access your account’s online control panel and backed up files from any device with an internet connection.
MyPCBackup isn’t the first backup solution that I’ve used. Carbonite, Mozy, Acronis, and CommVault (in a business setting) are just some of the backup services I have laid my hands on. It’s easy to find enterprise-level backup solutions that have everything you want.
But as far as personal backup goes, there’s this one feature that seemed so elusive: File syncing.
Yes, I can use DropBox for keep to do just that but I want to stick to just one service if I could help it – one that seamlessly combines file syncing and regular backups.
So when I came across MyPCBackup’s 14-day trial, I gave it a shot. It didn’t take long before I was convinced to get the full version.
The service does what it’s supposed to do and does it well. The daily backups are smooth. Not to mention a simple ‘drag and drop’ is all it takes to back up a file or folder.
As for the speed, MyPCBackup isn’t the fastest but it didn’t fare too badly. It only took a little more than 2 hours (cable connection) for me to download and restore 14GB of PC games, videos, and high-resolution images.
The support is quite OK. My questions were answered via email quickly. When it comes to resolving customer complaints however, a discount is the best you can expect out of them.
Summing things up, MyPCBackup is recommended. It does what I want it to do without any hassle.
But don’t take my word for it. Take advantage of the 14-day trial and see if MyPCBackup is for you.
Conclusion: Should I Get MyPCBackup?
No, I do not recommend MyPCBackup to any serious cloud storage finders that want a hassle free and easy to use service.
MyPCBackup is easy to use, great in features, cheap pricing and provide a good support to their customers.